Developing More Effective Business Writing Skills
You may understand it but can you write it down so others can understand it?
You learned how to physically write in school.
Now that you are in the workplace, you need the following:
• To have the vocabulary to accurately describe workplace scenarios
• To know when to use workplace terminology (Jargon)
• Sequence your ideas so as to facilitate learning & understanding
• Research your audience before you write for them
• Learn how to express your ideas and passions in a professional manor
• Understand that the writing is not for you, it is for your audience
• Take feedback as suggestion for improvement not just as criticism
• Learn to give constructive feedback and not just give criticism
• Learn the art of “Listening”
• Learn to read the people you are writing for (level of understanding and receptivity)
• Sense audience response and make changes for future audiences
Writing is just one part of the Communication Process.
Let me help you understand the Communication Process as a whole then apply that to your writing.
Douglas Jones "Author and Public Speaker" (506) 386-5868
Private message me below